May 1 2017
National Association of Federal Retirees
Ottawa Valley Branch
Board of Directors Meeting
The Factory, Perth ON, May 1 2017
- CALL TO ORDER
President Steve called the mtg. to order at 1:05.
- RECORDING OF MEMBERS PRESENT
S. Fahie; C. Parent; E. Chenard; L. Smith; R, O’Halloran; J. Buehler; B. Irwin; new members - J. Zarb and S. Dormer were welcomed. Regrets : E. Rockburne; L. Palmer Absent: J. Piche
- APPROVAL OF AGENDA
With addition of “Regional Mtg;” and “AMM Preparation: Resolutions & Nominations” - motion for approval by Ed Chenard; seconded by Judy. Passed.
- MINUTES OF MEETING (3 Apr. 2017)
Motion to accept Minutes by Ed Chenard; seconded by Joe. Passed.
- BUSINESS ARISING FROM MINUTES
- REPORT OF OFFICERS
Treasurer: Ed C. itemized current bills; discussion of payment schedule to NAFR was clarified.
Judy advised Sage deadline is July 14, so fall activity should be confirmed prior to this.
- BREAK (none)
Copies of April Bulletin were distributed. Email addresses were confirmed for receipt of electronic version of same. Steve summarized Bulletin: AMM dealing of proposals; financial reporting deadline/documentation required; risk mgmt. webinar schedule participation was updated; Br. vulnerable sector police check was clarified (PSHCP officer is only one for Br. – replacement officer deferred at this time); possible Charter violations re: benefits; volunteer survey; Sage info update.
Peel-Halton President email re: mtg. prior to AMM was tabled (re: Bill C-27; PSHCP increase concerns; need for Branches?; Ntl. Office $; etc.) – Br. attendance not possible.
- OLD BUSINESS
- Fall Social Function: 18 in Carleton Place area; entertainment to be confirmed by June mtg. Advertising (email; Lake 88.1; Sage) discussed. *Need for Event tickets stressed.
- NEW BUSINESS
- 2017 AGM Assessment: positive feedback re: speaker; luncheon. Concurrence for reduction of # of door prizes (to 10) and 2 largest prizes to be drawn first.
- AGM Mailing Requirements:
- Confirmation of Executive Positions: deferred to June mtg. (E. Chenard & J. Buehler agreed to stand as Treasurer and Sage Editor respectively).
- AMM Preparation: Resolutions & Nominations: copies of resolutions were distributed and discussed for confirmation of Branch voting position; 5 Ntl. Director positions tabled. AMM starts June 14 at Ottawa Delta Hotel.
- ADJOURNMENT Meeting adjourned at 3:25.