National Association of Federal Retirees
OTTAWA VALLEY BRANCH
Branch Executive Meeting
Valley Heartland, Smiths Falls, Ont.
6 Nov. 2017
- CALL TO ORDER
President Steve called the mtg. to order at 12:55.
- RECORDING OF MEMBERS PRESENT
Fahie; C. Parent; L. Smith; E.Chenard; ; R, O’Halloran; S. Dormer; J. Zarb
Regrets: E. Rockburne; J. Piche
Absent: B. Irwin; L. Palmer
- APPROVAL OF AGENDA
Motion for approval by Sandra; seconded by Chuck. Passed.
- MINUTES OF MEETING (2 Oct. 2017)
Discussion of accuracy of Minutes was clarified: as human error occurred, approval of $50.00 cash prize at Fall Event was approved after the fact. Motion for approval by Joe; seconded by Roy. Passed.
- BUSINESS ARISING FROM MINUTES
- Fall Social Function Synopsis: Total Cost: $1878.88; ~ 70 attendees; function well received by members; overall Br. cost: ~$900;
- Financial Signing Authority Update: (E. Chenard) – deferred.
- Remembrance Day Wreaths: confirmation that all 6 Legions within Br. area will have OVB Branch representation.
- Christmas Luncheon: As CC’s on the Rideau is closed, arrangements for 6 Dec. luncheon at Maximillians was approved. Attendance to be confirmed with Steve by Nov. 30.
- 2018 AGM: Jim confirmed via email that Dr. Conway is available for 18 Apr./18 mtg. & Perth Civitan Club has been booked. Steve will follow up with these arrangements.
- REPORT OF OFFICERS
Membership: Steve advised invoices had been mailed; +5K outstanding for members still not on direct withdrawal. New membership renewal dates are based on date of joining.
- BREAK (none)
Copies of Bulletins for Sept. & Oct./17 were distributed by Steve, and key items were discussed; Steve advised ‘Starter Kit’ had been ordered for the Branch.
- OLD BUSINESS
- Financial Signing Authority Update: Chenard – deferred.
- AGM Update: - copies of report distributed and discussed.
- NEW BUSINESS
- Regional Meeting (15 Nov.): Steve and Sandra to attend. asked that need for hard copies of ‘You & Your Survivor’ for members (if requested) be stressed.
- January mtg. Steve confirmed no is required.
- Receipt of Membership card: Steve to followup on Joe’s concern.
- Non DDS payments: Ed C. requested clarification of Ntl’s handling of members’ payments and concerns re: reconciling Br. records. Situation to be monitored.
- ADJOURNMENT Meeting adjourned at 2:20.
Future Meetings: 5 Mar. 2018
9 Apr. 2018
18 Apr. 2018 – AGM